Workshop: Cross-regional Partnership Building for Circular Economy in Textiles
Join this workshop to build partnerships, actions and projects addressing cross-regional challenges within the circularity of textiles.
At the Workshop: Cross-regional Partnership Building for Circular Economy in Textiles, you will be introduced to circularity challenges and priorities common to Denmark, Sweden, Belgium and Portugal. This way, you will gain an understanding of new opportunities as well as innovation, knowledge and technology from other regions.
Together with innovative SMEs, knowledge institutions, public actors and other experts, you will co-develop joint actions and projects to address cross regional challenges.
We are especially looking for actors with a focus on production, collection, sorting, textile-to-textile recycling and recycling for non-textile applications.
Join this workshop to develop future projects within:
- Extended Producer Responsibility: How can EPR enable a more efficient end of life phase for textiles and contribute to circularity?
- Traceability of textiles: How can we further develop, test and scale traceability systems and technologies or solutions for increased transparency in the value chain?
- Collection of textiles: How can we improve and implement collection models and infrastructures?
- Technologies and systems for sorting of textiles: How can we further develop, scale and replicate promising systems and technologies?
- Textile to textile recycling: How can we enable and further develop textile to textile recycling?
- Recycling of textiles for non-textile applications: How can recycled textiles be used again in new applications?
- Inspirational speakers: Topic experts and innovators present inspirational cases or broad project ideas for each discussion topic
- Group work: You will work in cross-regional groups to discuss:
- Are there already existing projects/initiatives/solutions within the priority areas, and can they be replicated in other regions?
- Co-development of new projects and initiatives through international collaboration
- Presentation of project ideas and feedback
- Wrap-up and next steps for project development
The workshop is part of the project 3R Connect – Reduce, Reuse and Rethink. The project is funded by the European Union and facilitated by CLEAN, Flux50 and Smart Waste Portugal. The purpose of the project is to:
- Map and analyze regional capacities and potentials for circular economy
- Identify key value chains, technologies and innovation areas
- Develop plans for new cross-regional projects focusing on R&D, matchmaking, new value chains, capacity building, knowledge exchange, pilot & demonstration, public procurement etc.
To read more about the project, click here.
Funded by the European Union. Views and opinions expressed are however those of the author(s) only and do not necessarily reflect those of the European Union. Neither the European Union nor the granting authority can be held responsible for them.
14h00 – Receção
14h10 – Abertura Pacto Português para os Plásticos
14h20 – Educar! Projeto Educativo “Vamos Reinventar o Futuro”
14h45 – Sensibilizar! – Campanha de Comunicação “Recicla o Plástico”
15h00 – Informar! – Apresentação do Guia “Porquê o Plástico?”
15h15 – Apresentação dos Projetos de Sensibilização e Educação dos Membros
16h00 – Pausa para Café
16h20 – Apresentação dos Projetos de Sensibilização e Educação dos Membros
16h40 – Mesa-redonda “Tendências da educação, sensibilização e informação para a sustentabilidade e economia circular”
17h30 – Encerramento